- Moving in to an apartment on Friday with a friend instead of living at home with my brother and father.
- Having sex in my own bed.
- Two of my very best friends coming to visit me in a few weeks.
- Spring (but not daylight savings… which is this sunday…)
- In May another very best friend is coming to visit me
- and then we are going to Vegas to reunite with other very best friends that I haven’t seen in about 2 years.
- Cooking for myself
- Not feeling guilty about all the wine and champagne I will inevitably consume
- Reading on my little apartment patio in the sun with a cup of coffee or a glass of wine depending on the time of day
- Reading even more books (2 down, 3 to go from my latest stack of books)
- Listening to jazz and the blues because that’s how spring makes me feel (Billie Holiday, I love you)
- This list being entirely positive (well, except for daylight savings. but no one likes to lose an hour, so that’s valid)
has had my head spinning since December.
I’m starting to like him enough that he has the power to hurt me. And he probably will in the end.
I just want to stay in bed with him and forget about the world outside. It just makes sense when we’re snuggled together.
That was cliche. But that’s okay.
- White Person: Hey, have you guys heard of the Harlem Shake yet?
- Black Person: Yeah, I stopped doing it 10 years ago when Bow Wow still had a music career.